Have you ever seen a brand cleverly inserting itself into the latest viral trend or social media buzz? That’s what we call “strike-while-the-iron-is-hot marketing”. In India, brands are constantly looking for new ways to stay relevant and engage with their audiences in real-time. Whether it’s a clever meme or a witty tweet, these brands know how to make the most of the moment and capture the attention of their target market.
What is moment marketing?
Moment marketing refers to a marketing strategy that involves leveraging a current event, trend, or cultural moment to promote a brand’s products or services. The idea is to capitalize on the buzz around a particular event or topic to create relevant and timely content that resonates with consumers. By tapping into the collective consciousness of their target audience, brands can build stronger connections and drive engagement with their marketing campaigns.
Learn how moment marketing strategy helps to enhance engagement.
Here are some key points on how moment marketing strategy helps to enhance engagement:
- Moment marketing taps into the collective consciousness of the audience and creates content that resonates with their interests and emotions.
- By leveraging a current event, trend or cultural moment, brands create a sense of relevance and timeliness that catches people’s attention and draws them in.
- Moment marketing creates a higher chance of audience engagement with the brand’s content, comments, shares, or even creating their own content around the topic.
- Moment marketing helps to humanize the brand and build stronger connections with the audience by showcasing the brand’s personality and values.
- Moment marketing can be a powerful tool for increasing engagement and building brand loyalty, as long as it’s executed thoughtfully and authentically.
Why every brand should do moment marketing and take advantage?
Moment marketing is an effective way for brands to capitalize on timely events, trends, and cultural moments to increase their reach, engagement, and relevance with their target audience. Here are a few reasons why every brand should consider incorporating moment marketing into their overall marketing strategy:
- Connect with customers in real-time: By staying on top of current events and cultural trends, brands can create content that resonates with their audience and sparks meaningful conversations.
- Stand out from the competition: In today’s crowded digital landscape, brands that can react quickly to changing trends and events have a competitive advantage over those that can’t.
- Increase social media engagement: Moment marketing can be a powerful way to boost engagement on social media, where people are actively looking for the latest news, trends, and events.
- Increase brand awareness: By leveraging popular events and cultural moments, brands can increase their exposure to new audiences and raise awareness of their products or services.
- Build brand personality: Moment marketing allows brands to showcase their personality and connect with their audience on a more personal level, which can help to build stronger brand loyalty over time.
Here are some examples of brands that implemented moment marketing
- Amul: The Indian dairy brand is known for its witty and timely advertisements that capitalize on current events and trends. For example, during the 2019 Indian general elections, Amul released an advertisement featuring the slogan “Khaao, peeyo, aish karo, mitro” (Eat, drink, enjoy, my friends), which quickly became a viral sensation.
- Zomato: The food delivery app is known for its humorous and relatable social media content, which often features puns, pop culture references, and trending topics. For example, during the 2021 Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket tournament, Zomato released a series of advertisements featuring cricketer-themed food puns.
- Uber India: The ride-hailing service is known for its creative and timely advertisements that capitalize on current events and cultural moments. For example, during the 2018 Indian wedding season, Uber released an advertisement featuring the tagline “You attend the wedding. We’ll get you there.”
- Pidilite – Fevicol: The adhesive brand is known for its humorous and creative advertisements that often feature unexpected scenarios and witty one-liners. For example, during the 2014 Indian general elections, Fevicol released an advertisement featuring the tagline “Kuch bhi ho sakta hai” (Anything is possible), which poked fun at the unpredictable nature of politics.
- Durex India: The condom brand is known for its bold and creative advertisements that often feature humorous and relatable scenarios. For example, during the 2015 Indian Supreme Court ruling that upheld the ban on gay sex, Durex released an advertisement featuring the slogan “Do the Rex,” which was interpreted as a nod to the LGBT community.
Moment marketing can be a highly effective strategy for brands looking to increase their reach, engagement, and relevance with their target audience. By staying on top of current events and cultural trends, brands can create content that resonates with their audience and sparks meaningful conversations. As we have seen from the examples mentioned above, brands that are able to implement moment marketing successfully can stand out from the competition, increase their social media engagement, and build stronger brand loyalty over time.
At 1702 Digital, we understand the importance of staying up-to-date with the latest trends and events in order to create effective marketing campaigns. Our team of experts is skilled in developing creative and impactful moment marketing strategies that help our clients connect with their audience and achieve their marketing goals.